Friday, December 24, 2010

Ghosts of Christmas past

Every Christmas I get to relive one of the most important times of my life. My daughter was born 25 years ago on Christmas Day around 8:15 pm. Unfortunately, the labor started on December 23, at about 11:20 pm! Yes, 45 hours of labor. I don't know why it went on for so long but I can say it was worth it! I was watching "Miracle on 34th Street" and it was at the part where Kris Kringle was teaching little Susan how to act like a monkey. It amazes me how crystal clear my memory is of that moment; the excitement, the thrill, the relief, all of the wonderful emotions a mother can feel as she prepares to deliver her child.

So, every year since then, I get to remember that incredible time. It has always made the Christmas season a bit more special to me. I've often joked that I had never had to be so good for so long to get my Christmas present!

1 comment:

  1. It is my honor and pleasure to share Christmas with you. I love you, my Sugar Rabbit!

    ReplyDelete